Of course we went to Clara's for the weekly root beer floats. We visited Grandpa Dave which brought the conversation of naming the cars in our family. My car (by my car I mean the car my parents so kindly let me use) is Penelope, it was decided years ago. The Honda, which Sam mostly drives, is Ruthie (after my Grandma Rosalie Ruth because it used to be hers). The question is what we should name the Suburban and the Corolla. The Suburban is important. It is the only car to fit us all which is cool BUT, it is the car that transports us to our second home, Disneyland! We had a bunch of names in the running: Bubba, Monstro, Big Fat Pizza Head (Jared's suggestion), Lotso, Heimlich, Sulley....well we didn't really come to a conclusion, but Chalooby is the frontrunner. You know in Monster's Inc. when Mike turns to this slug looking guy and says "Chalooby...baby!"


At Grandpa's we were eating ice cream bars (we being Jess, Levi, Jared, and I) where we proceeded to have a conversation about boyfriends and girlfriends. I didn't know Jared and Levi were such studs...they have like 7 each...ok maybe 2. But Jared will only whisper about them because that is secret stuff. He said "Who is your girlfriend...Ann Marie?!" No Jared, she is my wifey, close though.
The competitive gene seems to run in my family. And so does the want-to-get-on-each-other's-nerves gene. So sometimes we have to play the "ungame." It has become a favorite at the West residency. It is this game from probably the 80’s that is about listening. You can only talk on your turn. Your turn consists of being asked a question and answering it-you know, to get to know each other’s deepest thoughts and feelings better. It was hilarious, at least to Jessica who couldn’t stop laughing. The questions ranged from “What are your thoughts on space travel?” to “If you could have three people, living or dead, to help you make decisions for the rest of your life, who would they be?” Jared had the best question/answer of the night. “What is your favorite time of day?” (as Sam is leaving the room). “Oh good I can only say it when Sam is gone. My favorite part of the day is when Sam is at school because I sneak downstairs and play his Wii! Don’t tell!” (giggling the whole time). I have the cutest little brothers ever.
After scripture study we sang hymns around the piano. In “Hope of Israel" when we got to the part that said “Watch and Pray!” We all shouted it with a fist pump. My EFY session director had us do that one year and told us not to tell anyone….I think that is how it should always be sung! The night ended with just Sam, Jessica, and I singing hymns while Sam played guitar. There is something about singing those sweet words with your little siblings.
Priceless moments. Gotta love them Wild Wild Wests. I’m so excited to live at home again this summer.
hahahahaha chalooby....i love it! i think it should be official. but where the heck is the part where you go to steve's homecoming and do nothing/talk to no one until you've scarfed down every dessert? typical us. toad and frog. no self restraint- just cookies and cake.
ReplyDeleteSibling love is the best of all. P.S. Your blog is cute. Teach me how to make mine cute, cause I'm suffering from jealously. That's all Dear.
ReplyDelete