Thursday, May 26, 2011

do you hear what i hear?

My life right now defined by sound:

Ukulele. That is right, the sound of the ukulele fills my life. Why is that you ask? Oh did I forget to tell you? I got one for my birthday. It is the new love of my life. She is adorable (referring to her as she because she has no name yet, if you have suggestions you may submit them). I enjoy the rare free time I get to sing and play.

Ice crunching. The ice machine shaving ice blocks is what I hear all day long. Not to mention the kids in line screaming and licking their lips while deciding what weird combination of flavors they'll have. I love my Shiver Shack job. If you think I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. There is something about those snow cones that gets to me.

Twilight Zone theme song. I hear this just about every night, maybe even a few times. Netflix is genius. And my dad's idea to watch the Twilight Zone Series is even more genius. Our new nightly summer tradition together is so entertaining. "Do you want to see something really scary?" Do do do do do do do do.

The mail getting dropped into the mailbox. This sounds means run to check. Nothing. Nothing. Oh wait, something! A letter came this week. It's been a while. This sound is very happy.

Typing. My other job right now, entering information into the computer for Larkin. When I'm not at Shiver Shack, I'm home typing away for hours. It is so tedious and you don't want to catch me doing it, I won't be in the happiest mood.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. My dad bought tickets for us to see it later this summer. We had to get a head start for Levi and Jared, since they don't know it like we did when we were kids. Maybe we started too early because it is all that is ever playing in the house. And Jared will only allow it to be full blast, no pausing. They already know most the words. Luckily I don't get sick of the music and only love it more all the time.

Ah, what wonderful sounds fill my life.

2 comments:

  1. YOU GOT A UKULELE FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?!!?!?!?!??! sarah. what the heck. i want to spend this summer with you so badly. it kills me. i can't even imagine what a good rachael/sarah summer this would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore. Adore. This. Post. Fun idea of sounds.

    ReplyDelete