Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Let Twig rest in peace, let him swim on and on.

Today is one year from the funeral of Twig. It is also the day I found my best friend. Let me tell you a story.

Once upon a time in the month of September, two people went to a Stake Carnival. They played a game to win fish. The boy won the game (as he always does) and was given a pet goldfish. This goldfish was not gold. He was albino and they named him Twig. The girl lost the game and was given swedish fish. But she wanted a pet goldfish and somehow got away with one. Back to the dorms they went with plastic bags of fishies. The boy claimed his fish would outlive her fish and never stopped talking about it.

The next day (September 22nd) she woke up to find Twig dead. She thought it was funny and texted Zach(that was his name) to tell him of the unfortunate event. They agreed to a funeral that night. She requested he wear all black and prepare a speech. He said he would bring the coffin. Little did she know he was serious. That night there was a knock on the door. There he stood in black from head to toe with a homeade coffin in hand.

They proceeded outside for the burial. Once Twig was planted firmly under the soil with a headstone, Sarah(the girl) thought they were done. But no, Zach pulled out a poem he had written for Twig.
Sarah cried (from laughter) and couldn't believe it. It was so legit. That night she knew this boy was not like other boys. She knew they would be best friends.

The next day as she passed the grave, she noticed flowers. Zach had visited earlier, all by himself, just to leave Twig a gift. Yep, this boy was special.

On this beloved day, I would like to send out my love to Twig and his master Zach. I miss them both dearly. But one day Zach and I will both visit Twig's grave together. And I can't wait :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how much I loved this. It made me laugh and smile so much.

    Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete