You know when something doesn't happen the way you want it to and you trust it is right but it makes no sense in your mind as to why it should be right? But you just trust it and then later you end up looking back thinking oh my, this is why that happened that way! Hopefully that made sense. But let me tell you an example from my own life.
I work at this joyous place called the Aggie Connection. And as much as I don't like getting rejected by angry people on the phone all the time, I really do feel the phonathon has been a blessing in my life. I have learned a lot of life lessons like how to communicate with people, how to brush off rejection and move on, how to change my attitude and stay positive, how to work hard when you don't feel like it. And my favorite part is the people. I can't even imagine what life would be like without the friends I've made at the phonathon! I never would have worked at Oakcrest without meeting my new cousin Chelsea/Giggles, at the phonathon who is now one of my best friends. It is truly a blesesd little place.
Well I applied for a promotion at work last semester and I didn't get it. It is a longer story than that, but that is all you need to know. Of course I was a little upset, but I decided to forget about it. Looking back now, I am extremely grateful it didn't happen. Because this semester I have become very close to a girl who has worked there longer than me, but we never really sat by each other. Now we do everytime. She has been here for me when I've really needed someone this semester and I now consider her one of my best friends. I know if I would've got the promotion, we never would have become good friends, as well as many other people I've been lucky enough to get to know this semester. I love realizing things like that :) I love when the people I need are placed in my life at the right time.
A lot of things in my life right now are just falling into place. Big news: I'm going to Ukraine in the fall to teach English. 4 months in another country, teaching little kids all day, and traveling Europe. Does life get better? This summer I'm going home. I am working for my mom's work and I just got offered another job, to manage Shiver Shack. I hope you all know my love for snow cones and my excitement to work/manage a snow cone place! And to just be home with my family! A few months ago I had so many decisions to make for summer and fall and life in general. I was so scared. But it is all working out. And I'm happy. Life really does work out. Even when we can't see it happening.
This post made me so HAPPY. You are awesome, and I am so excited for you to have fun adventures in Europe...and I promise to write you lots and lots.
ReplyDeleteCHAMBA!!! I love this blog post!! You are one amazing girl!!! I'm so grateful for the Phonathon! Who knows where we would be without it!! Love you Chamba!!
ReplyDelete